How to Join:
You can go online and register here!
Make sure to designate us as your chapter when registering. HEARTLAND is the chapter code.
We would love to have you become a part of our chapter’s membership. Here are some of the benefits to being a member:
- We are the only Chapter of the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals serving several states, providing our members with the unique opportunity to network with professionals and organizations form other states during chapter events.
- Opportunity to build consultative relationships within your local area and extended regions.
- We hold 3 educational events and one networking event per year with high-level presentations from top professionals.
- Members have the opportunity to pursue certification as eating disorder specialist (CEDS) through the iaedp Foundation.
- Access to the Heartland Iaedp Chapter listserv.
- Inexpensive CEUs with significantly reduced rates for members.
- Increased community recognition.
- Listing in online referral and membership directory.
How much does it cost?
Individual Professional Membership is $195 ($125 with code HEARTLAND)
Full Time Student Membership is $75 (must have official documentation of semester hours)
For any questions regarding membership, please contact our Membership Chair Liz Roan at ERoan@montenidoaffiliates.com
Interested in Student Membership?
Students enrolled in at least 6 credit hours or working at an unpaid internship are eligible for student membership.
Some benefits to becoming a student member:
■Opportunities to increase your knowledge about eating disorders!
The International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp) Foundation is well recognized for its excellence in providing first quality education and high-level training standards for professionals who treat the full spectrum of eating disorder problems. Our programs are designed by treatment professionals for treatment professionals working in therapeutic settings. The Heartland iaedp Chapter offers educational events at least four times per year, dedicated to current topics in the treatment of eating disorders. Students are encouraged to attend all events!
Heartland iaedp Chapter members include a dynamic, knowledgeable, multidisciplinary group of eating disorder professionals who practice in the Chicagoland area and greater Midwest. Students are encouraged to develop mentoring relationships with experienced professionals who can help increase their knowledge about eating disorders, identify clinical training opportunities related to eating disorders, and guide students’ professional development as they enter into their professional careers.
■Learn more about training opportunities related to the treatment of eating disorders
The Heartland iaedp Chapter website will soon include a listing of clinical training opportunities in the Midwest for graduate students interested in the treatment of eating disorders. Check back soon for more information!
■Learn about job opportunities in the Midwest related to the treatment of eating disorders
Becoming involved in iaedp will help you identify job opportunities in the treatment of eating disorders as job opportunities become available.
For more information, contact our Student Liaison Erin Terada at email@example.com